Do you love to travel, make new friends and save money? Then American Cruise Lines has a great opportunity for you as a Deckhand! This is a temporary 12-week position requiring you to work and live onboard one of our 49-120 passenger luxury ships.
You have the potential to earn $700 - $900 per week. Training, Room and Board is provided at no charge. This is a great way to make and save money while traveling the United States of America.
The Deckhand positions are ideal for college students or students taking a semester off. We provide training and no previous cruise ship experience is necessary. Our vessels are small and intimate and we have a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for personalized service. Deckhands have a high level of guest interaction and are expected to demonstrate superior customer service skills and respond immediately and quickly to our guests needs.
Deckhand Job Requirements
· High School Graduate
· At least 18 years of age
· Pass a pre-employment drug test
· Physically strong, with stamina to work long hours
· Well groomed (no visible tattoos or body piercings)
· Friendly and outgoing
· Strong communication skills
· College experience preferred
· US Citizenship or legally authorized to work in the United States
· Ability to clearly speak and write the English Language
Some Job Functions – Deckhands
· Participating in steering the ship
· Participates with docking and anchoring maneuvers: handling lines, gangways, anchors, etc.
· Standing watches: gangway and deck watch. These watches include security, maintenance and passenger assistance duties
· Loading and unloading passenger luggage, ship stores, etc.
· Maintenance, painting, cleaning, lifting lines and other heavy objects
· Various additional duties relating to the navigation and handling of the ship
· Customer Service
American Cruise Lines operates the world’s newest fleet of cruise ships specializing in a unique style of small ship cruising along...