Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
The Dedicated Account Manager is located at the customer’s facility and is responsible for providing the customer with planning and forecasting as well as measuring and reporting KPIs for all providers within the customer’s supply chain. This position is responsible to assure the smooth flow of the customer’s supply chain and troubleshooting of problems and delays as they arise. This position has daily interface with the customer and is fully integrated in their supply chain management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and direct the import processes for the customer.
- Maintain the standard operating procedures between customer, carriers, brokers and other service providers.
- Act as the liaison between customer’s operations and management teams and customer service teams worldwide.
- Develop and manage operational procedures to facilitate supply chain flow.
- Act as the liaison with all ocean carriers, brokers and service providers and the customer to ensure capacity needs are met.
- Develop and implement programs to facilitate the capacity management and ocean carrier allocations.
- Generate and analyze statistical information to facilitate planning new programs.
- Develop and maintain measurements to evaluate performance of all vendors.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to enhance and monitor operations.
- Training of customer employees on Yusen Logistics visibility system as needed.
- Liaison with the Business Systems Group and Operations Group to enhance system capabilities for customers.
- Develop annual cargo projections by origin country.
- Prepare reports for activities, meeting minutes, pre-plans of activities.
- Assess situations, perform root cause analysis, and provide timely and/or cost savings solutions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus three or more years of global logistics experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 13 months ago