Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
SUMMARY: The Dedicated Logistics Supervisor is located at the customer facility and is responsible for day to day liaison with assigned account. This position is also assigned to grow the account by becoming broader and deeper; creating barriers for competition and removing barriers for YLA through interaction and networking with various departments of the customer responsible for making routing decisions. The Dedicated Logistics Supervisor is also responsible for overseeing and assisting the operations of a specific mode of transportation for the Branch; and to coordinate and integrate mode services with other services provided by the facility. Plan and schedule Mode Operations for the Branch including writing SOPs, training and developing staff, reporting to Branch Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and operate all portions of day to day shipments
- Responsible for all the day to day activities in instigating, building and moving freight for the customer.
- Contact customer to setup delivery appointments
- Serve as contact and negotiator for the customer in matters regarding transportation operations.
- Secure equipment and power and schedule them to arrive for loading product
- Ensure carriers understand their responsibility when delivering a load
- Work with the local Branch as necessary to facilitate the timely completion of the above duties
- Expertise of modal operations.
- Develops partnerships with outside carriers in shipping industry
- Supervises appointment scheduling to meet customer service expectations.
- Decision making in cost situations and problem resolutions outside the role of a logistics services.
- Oversees efficient operation of shipment tracking and billing.
- Supervises employees in addition to own duties/responsibilities.
- Sell and manage the modal services direct to new and existing customers.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree plus two or more years’ related experience in transportation, logistics, or project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 2 years ago