Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
SUMMARY: The Dedicated Logistics Support position serves as the primary contact for the customers’ logistical needs on site. Based in a ‘remote’ location the incumbent of the position is responsible for providing customer liaison and executing time sensitive customer orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently manages customer’ expectations of pick-up and delivery according to Standard Operating Procedures and processes. Makes decisions regarding pickup and delivery of product.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition and determines schedule of items to receive, move, or distribute.
- Processes shipping orders for various customers' products.
- Provides customer service, resolves issues, sales and pricing.
- Maintain and develop carrier relations.
- Performs lifting, transporting, storing, packing and loading of materials and product by hand or by use of conveyers or industrial trucks and equipment such as forklift or other hand truck, including cherry picker, clamp, and pallet jack.
- Maintain inventory by sorting and organizing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Complies with safety rules and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to ensure safe environment.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least two years’ related experience in warehouse or transportation industry. Strong communication and customer service skills are required. Must be forklift certified with at least two years’ forklift experience.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 6 months ago