GENERAL FUNCTION: Under moderate supervision, works directly with the users and IT to design, develop, test, implement, and maintain all proprietary systems used in within Loss Mitigation. Regularly reviews business/operations processes and data, current safety/soundness standards and engineers process improvement through automation. Works directly with Loss Mitigation management staff on deployment of new releases, updates and compliance initiatives. Thoroughly reviews business requirements to ensure proper conceptualization and oversight.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Partners with business stakeholders and various business functions to perform requirements gathering and business planning.
- Collaborates with managers and supervisors to review implementations and appropriate action plans to meet business objectives.
- Acts as a liaison between IT, and the assigned business units for technical consultation and guidance.
- Participates in regular monthly steering committee meetings with unit management to review status, priorities, and issues.
- Coordinates user acceptance testing, facilitates user training, and provides post implementation and ongoing support.
- Works with the business units to develop user requirements for system development.
- Ensures that reports are made available to management and business teams in a consistent, accurate and timely manner.
- Investigate/analyze production problems reported by the business units or IT.
- Acquire an understanding of business processes, and a high-level understanding of Loss Mitigation methods and business needs.
- Monitor data quality, conduct root cause analysis and perform corrective action as necessary.
- Prepare supporting documentation, report anomalies of proprietary application to IT and recommend solutions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years system analysis and design experience.
- Basic knowledge of banking or collections processes.
- Possess strong reporting/analytical skills, with strong business and/or finance background.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills necessary for the evaluation of issues, current utilization, safety and soundness and guidelines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques in a highly challenging business environment.
- Customer service focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to drive both strategic and tactical efforts.
- Excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of a variety of software, including SQL, MS Access, Visual Studio 2010, testing software (HP Test Director), flowcharting packages (Visio) and other MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Fifth Third Bank is The curious bank. We are one of the top-performing banks in the country with a more-than-150-year heritage of success...