Our Defined Contribution Investment Only (DCIO) Sales Specialist is responsible for directing sales efforts for an assigned geographic territory by identifying, developing relationships and work with regional consultants, intermediaries and advisors in the Defined Contribution space. This individual is expected to partner with our Retail and Retirement Plan Services wholesalers to grow and develop business opportunities. This would involve becoming a detailed expert in articulating the strategy of New York Life, specific investment strategies, as well as become a key driver in optimizing and growing the product capabilities for the firm.
• Develop a progressive business plan to increase regional territory production growth of annual asset sales by partnering with our existing DCIO platform team, and retail wholesalers to target and focus on specific segments within the DCIO space
• Work with wholesalers of targeted partner platforms identified as key relationships to increase sales of the Mainstay suite of products.
• Develop, work and collaborate with New York Life Retirement Plan Services Sales team in established regions to produce IO sales opportunities.
• Cultivate relationships with targeted Plan Sponsors/ DC decision makers and provide insights in DC plan design, participant behavior, investments and the markets.
• Coordinate with sales teams to ensure transparency in calling activity at the sponsor level.
• Profile opportunities and establish sales strategies that will result in capturing DC assets.
• Participate in the development of defined contribution content, capabilities, and tools throughout the organization with complete integration into sales practices and processes.
INV - RETIREMENT & ANNUITIES
• 5-10 years experience in defined contribution market and Institutional Investment Management sales or relationship management
• High levels of DC industry knowledge - across plan design, regulatory matters, investments, ERISA, distribution, and recordkeeping
• Proven track record of success in selling Investment Management and/or Retirement plans in the Institutional markets - target large and mega plans
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, with ability to work with both sales and investment personnel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to influence
• Ability to travel extensively in role
• Aptitude to creatively address complex issues and problems and provide guidance to senior management
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus
• CIMA preferred
• Licensed (Series 7 required)
New York Life - 13 months ago
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life...