Posted positions may close at any time. Please apply today if you are interested in this position. Once this posting is closed applications will no longer be accepted.
Assists customers in the deli and seafood department by providing over-the-counter service. Operates and maintains the deli production areas, frying foods, operating the rotisserie oven, etc. Prepares the area for seafood sales and packaged seafood sales. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in designated areas.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Serves customers from all department service cases by taking orders, answering questions and suggestive selling.
· Stocks, straightens and rotates the deli, seafood and hot food cases as well as the deli freezer sections, self-serve, dry goods, “cheese island” and bread shelve display areas.
· Prepares sandwiches, salads, etc. reading recipes, following instructions, mixing, washing, assembling, packaging product in containers, etc.
· Slices and vacuum packs deli meats by unpacking the product, opening the wrappers, setting the scale, lifting the product to the slicer, placing the product into bags, vacuum sealing, weighing and pricing.
· Fries food by getting the product from refrigerator or freezer, unpacking product, breading selected products, dropping product in shortening, setting timers, bringing seal down on the cooker, draining, packing products in the reach-in-case, placing trays in the closed hot case, etc.
· Prepares rotisserie products by marinating, brining, skewering, loading / unloading the product from the oven, packing or delivering to the correct location, disposing waste oils, etc.
· Prepares blocks of cheese by unpacking and cutting 40 lb. blocks, opening the wrappers, slicing the cheese, wrapping, weighing and pricing.
· Handles frozen product, fresh seafood, cutting and preparing product (e.g., salmon, halibut, etc.) for purchase or selling.
· Prepares case by pulling product out of the case, re-icing the case, putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product, putting product back, filling, etc.
· Displays frozen items by bringing out case goods from the freezer, repacking & over wrapping, weighing / pricing product out, and placing in the desired location.
· Ices fresh freight by putting it in luggers, unpacking, etc.
· Re-packs freight by bringing luggers out, draining water and putting in new ice.
· Writes out and prepares deli tray and special orders.
· Writes production list, estimating the amount of inventory by analyzing the amount sold the previous week.
· Cleans and maintains department equipment such as cookers, slicers, etc. by breaking down and reassembling equipment, operating dish washer and hand washing dishes, cleaning all appropriate parts with sanitizing solution.
· Maintains clean and sanitary department by washing parts, tables and wrapping stations; taking trash and paper to the appropriate balers; mopping floors and coolers; cleaning and maintaining glass display counters on the inside and out; etc.
· Receives inventory, stocks, verifies receipt of ordered product and orders.
· Follows strict sanitary guidelines and completes associated records.
· Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
· Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a strong customer service orientation.
· Communicate (hearing & speech) effectively with customers to receive orders and perform customer relation skills.
· Conduct visual inspections, read and follow production guides, recipes and product labels, log production quantities, temperature readings, etc. on proper forms.
· Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and compute weights and measures.
· Effectively manage time to ensure that deadlines are met.
· Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
· Operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity, speed, accuracy and hand/eye coordination.
· Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, equipment (e.g., knives) and work aides.
· Complete training course and meet minimum time standards of productivity and accuracy.
· Wear hair net, hat and gloves and other personal protective equipment as required.
· Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
· Stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time.
· Bend, stoop, twist, turn and reach over the counter and in tight areas frequently.
· Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and reach, push and pull racks.
· Handle refrigerated goods (-20°F to 28°F)
· Work around machinery emitting heat (400°F rotisserie and 325°F hot shortening).
· Demonstrate knowledge of product content and perishability, safety and sanitation procedures and department policies and government regulations.
· Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
· Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
· Film overwrapper, vacuum sealer, digital scales, etc.
· Knives and other kitchen utensils.
· Electric Slicers
· Deep fryers, ovens, etc.
· Oil filtering machine
· Fish by-product refuse grinder.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary.
WinCo Foods - 21 months ago
WinCo Foods isn't just big on self-service -- it's giant. Inside the immense stores (average size is 92,000 sq. ft.) of this...