POSITION SUMMARY: Toprovide excellent, friendly, upbeat customer service while preparing and serving a wide variety of food products, to clean and organize the deli counter area, and complete shift duties.
- Prepare and serve menu items according to portion guidelines.
- Properly set up deli products/items such as cheeses, meats, breads, condiments, sauces, napkins, and wrap paper.
- Prepape hot and cold sandwhiches at the customer's request.
- display excellent customer service at all times.
- Ensure cleanliness of toasters, deli counter, counter sink, and more.
- Develop a work pace sufficient to handle heavy rushes.
- Ensure that all product is in sellable condition and meets quality standards, making sure all unsellable items are disposed of.
- Ensure that all deli cases are stocked and merchandised nicely (bakery, full serve, self serve).
- Fulfill all shift duties.
- Maintain deli and food storage areas in sanitary, orderly condition meeting Health Department standards.
- Comply with Health Department Regulations.
- Willingness to increase product knowledge over time.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Deli Team managers, shift leads, or Floor Managers.
- Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Communicates openly and honestly with all others in the organization.
- Communicates respectfully at all times.
- Does not expose customers to internal disagreements.
- Resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asks for assistance from appropriate supervisor as needed.
- Communicates needs promptly and efficiently.
- Participates actively in department team and all-staff meetings.
- Stays informed by reading all communications from the General Manager, managers, HR, and in department log books
- Reports for scheduled shifts, on-time and ready to work.
- Understands and adheres to organizational and department policy and procedures.
- Accepts and offers feedback and suggestions openly and respectfully.
- Accepts direction willingly and follows through with delegated tasks.
- Learns and adapts to new tasks or situations quickly and cooperatively.
- Maintains job-related confidentiality.
- Takes initiative to identify, report and resolve problems before they escalate.
- Operates with a sense of teamwork; incorporates into daily job.
- Provides a positive model for co-workers.
Quality of Work:
Quantity of Work:
- Understands technical requirements of job, applies technical knowledge consistently.
- Performs tasks accurately and efficiently, free from errors.
- Performs all tasks according to department procedure.
- Performs tasks consistently at an acceptable rate as outlined by department supervisor.
- Organizes tasks efficiently, maintains focus and stays productive.
- Achieves established goals and expected results for the department.
- Maintains safe work environment according to all department procedures, federal and state regulations.
- Obtains and maintains any necessary licenses.
- Wears protective clothing as required for position.
- Knows and adheres to Wheatsville's expectations for external and internal customer service as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Offer product samples and suggestions for purchase and preparation in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Recognize and act on opportunities to make a customer's day or to make it right for customers with com
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, balance friendliness with efficiency, and maintain focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous food service experience.
- Experience or interest in natural foods and cooperatives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Fairway Market - 20 months ago