FreshDirect is the leading profitable online grocer in the U.S. with customers in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Philadelphia. It is known for its fresh-from-the-farm foods and brand-name groceries at everyday low prices, all delivered to customers’ doors. FreshDirect’s food experts rate all produce and seafood every morning and give each item an Expert Quality Rating to help customers choose what is best and in-season. FreshDirect customers can enjoy over 600 Entrees and Side Dishes, made fresh daily by professional chefs using the finest, freshest ingredients. FreshDirect ranks 70th on Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide®. For more information, please visit www.freshdirect.com . For updates, follow us on Twitter: @freshdirect and on Facebook: facebook.com/FreshDirect.
• Supervise up to 50 employees in a fast-paced food production environment
• Treat each subordinate and colleague with respect and fairness
• Ensure work area is safe and clean for all team members to work
• Ensure that all of the company's rules, policies and GMP's are followed
• Ensure productivity and timeliness of efforts, as departments "in front" and "behind" each other department rely on integrated speed
• Understand computer systems to manage work flow
• Understand financial reports and other data available to manage productivity
• Handle projects as required - including project plan development, project management, and accountability for results
• Build your team by developing all team members, identifying talent for possible promotion, and challenging high performers
• Date management, FIFO, of product
• Inventory management
• 1-3 years experience managing 20+ employees in a perishable food operation
• Must be able to be flexible with schedule; nights and weekends
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to manage a team with respect and empathy
• Project management experience
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products, with particular skill using Excel
• Experience with warehouse management systems; SAP experience a plus
• Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
• Bilingual (English-Spanish) a plus
• Must be able to work in a 38 degree environment
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
FreshDirect - 10 months ago
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...