The Delivery Driver Assistant is responsible to assist the Delivery Driver with the delivery and unloading of finished product, parts and materials to customer locations. This may include dealers’ place of business, homeowners’ residence or a jobsite.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- Responsible for the delivery of Milgard products to dealers, contractors, and jobsites throughout the location’s geographic region. Must complete the corresponding paperwork of delivery and return to the Distribution Department.
- Assist the Delivery Driver in ensuring the delivery truck is properly loaded and load secured; truck is in operational condition and product is delivered without any damage sustained.
- Create and execute MPS objectives; meet MPS commitments and work within the guidelines of MPS.
- Reflect Milgard business values and the Milgard Philosophy in all business interactions.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures related to all facets of job.
- Proper usage of personal protective equipment.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
- Clean Department of Motor Vehicle record.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Read and navigate by map.
- Able to maneuver a large bobtail truck.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.
- Sixty (60%) percent of all work activities are performed inside the cab of the delivery vehicle. The remainder of work activities are performed outdoors.