FreshPoint Job Description
JOB TITLE: Delivery Driver Class B FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Transportation JOB CODE: DEL109
REPORTS TO: Transportation Manager
DATE: May 2012
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Efficiently deliver produce to customers, process paperwork accurately, follow driver safety rules and provide professional customer service . Assist in the warehouse loading trucks, palletizing product and performing other duties at the request of the Supervisor or Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times
- Call in when customer does not receive their entire order (shorts)
- Call in mid way through route to customer service to check in
- Handle company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and perform pre-trip inspection
- Report accidents and injuries at once and/or any damage to equipment
- Assist in loading trucks for afternoon routes and palletize product
- Handle any customer complaints professionally
- Responsible for upkeep of vehicle at the end of shift-clean cab & box
- Work overtime if required as requested by the Supervisor
- Run Second Run as requested
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- No DUI convictions
- Maximum of 3 points on MVR
- No chargeable accidents in the last 5 years
- Knowledge of delivery area
- Proven ability to communicate articulately in English and perform simple arithmetic (experience in handling money preferred)
- High school degree or equivalent
- 1 year (verifiable) route delivery experience or applicable background driving a manual straight truck
This position requires the ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs. Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck. Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to work in confined spaces. Must pass federal Department of Transportation Physical Exam requirements and obtain DOT certification.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace
FreshPoint - 10 months ago
- 52 minutes ago
Franklin Delivery Dudes
- 23 days ago
CORT Business Services
Cort Business Services
- 2 days ago
Fresh produce is the ingredient for success at FreshPoint. The company is one of the largest foodservice distributors of fresh fruits and...