The Advisory Board continues to invest in growing its new portfolio of technology solutions. This opportunity is a key leadership position within our newly launched Strategic Sourcing Management (SSM) offering. SSM is a ground-breaking, technology-enabled approach to strategic sourcing designed to drive rapid supply cost savings. Our work is helping member hospitals drive millions of dollars out of their cost structure to boost margins and invest in patient care.
The Delivery Principle will have full accountability to manage and develop a segment of our supply chain business. The Delivery Principle will own executive and physician relationships with direct accountability to ensure we exceed member’s expectations through high quality execution of our services and technology offerings. Operating as a trusted advisor to member executives, the Delivery Principle will help develop customized solutions for each member designed to address their strategic supply management goals with our solution offerings in order to maximize results and return on investment. Furthermore, the Delivery Principle will provide strategic input to support the on-going development and integration of our Supply Chain Solutions.
Delivery Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop a segment of Supply Chain Solutions membership pool
- Cultivates relationships with member executive leadership and supply chain team to become Trusted Advisor on supply chain strategy and cost reduction initiatives
- Through both quantitative and qualitative measures, able to inflect positively the overall health of a key segment within the current membership pool
- Identifies and closes commercial opportunities to grow spend under management and develops natural urgency to embed additional technology and service solutions
- Quality management and coordination of internal delivery resources
- Manages service, delivery, and sales coordination across various solutions with ultimate accountability to ensure strong member utilization, results, and satisfaction
- Participates in strategic on site presentations with physicians and executives to ensure success and deepen, broaden, or elevate relationship through proven impact
- Leads regular business reviews and provides status reports to members to increase visibility into results and build business case for expanded partnership
- Gathers market intelligence and informs strategic product insights
- Becomes an expert on our portfolio of offerings and provides leadership team with insights from market around unmet client needs for potential new offerings
- Shares competitive feedback to improve solution development, inform differentiation, and evolve go-to market strategy
- Supports on-going team development and process improvement to support broader Supply Chain Solutions vision, mission, values, and objectives
- Management consulting
- 5+ years experience in three of the following:
- New business development
- Strategic account management
- Supply chain consulting/sourcing
- Healthcare operations management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 30-50% of the time
- Valid driver’s license
- Healthcare industry experience
- Demonstrated track record of solving complex strategic, clinical, financial and/or operational issues for senior executives at healthcare (provider-side) clients
- Proven ability to develop senior-level relationships with large hospitals and/or national health systems
- Proven experience developing client relationships including the ability to qualify current and prospective clients, assess and define their needs, position relevant products and services to address their requirements.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct executive level presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate the ROI of a product or service
- Proven experience managing client relationships
- Business development or consultative sales experience in a professional services environment
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Experience with solution focused problem solving
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.
An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
The Advisory Board Company is a research, technology, and consulting firm serving a global network of 165,000+ leaders in 4,100+...