RecoverCare LLC is the nation's leading distributor of wound care, bariatric and safe patient handling equipment and solutions to health-care facilities nationwide via 115-Plus service centers. We currently operate in 48 states, with the corporate office based out of Louisville, KY
The Company serves acute care hospitals, long term acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities, hospice centers and home care patients
Rafael, CA (94903)
Hours: 11:00 am to 7:30 pm Monday thru Friday
On-call frequency is every other week
This position requires a valid drivers license
Subject to occasional overtime
Hours subject to change with business needs
Prefer to live 30 Minutes or less from our warehouse for on-call purposes
The responsibility of this position is managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence. The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The person in this position will take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined.
A somewhat faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. The position will generally be task oriented, requiring someone with a conservation, careful, and cautious approach to work.
We are a fast paced, growing healthcare organization specializing in durable medical equipment for wound care and are looking for a highly motivated, self directed individual who is willing to grow with the company as a Service/Delivery Technician. Job duties to include some on-call hours in the evenings and on weekends, but mostly will consist of day trips during the week. Individual must have a good driving record and be willing to travel within the territory at least 50% of the time. Company provides cell phone and excellent benefits package.
Durable Medical Equipment (DME) experience a plus, but not required. Prefer a medical background, but this is an excellent entry level position for a career-minded hard-working individual. Will train. Excellent growth opportunity for the right individual.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Deliver, pick-up and service specialty bed and oxygen equipment for nursing homes and home care patients in the surrounding area. Will also assist in maintaining a clean, organized warehouse and equipment. Must be at least 21 years of age and up, due to driving a company vehicle. Must be able to lift 75 lbs on a continuous basis, and a lot of walking, sitting, standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling.
Company vehicle and fuel card provided to use while making deliveries and calls. Cell phone provided. Employee works independently with potential for growth. RecoverCare is an equal opportunity employer.
- High standards of accuracy
- Adhering to established guidelines and procedures
- Requires high degree of information gathering before making decision
- Strong follow-through on delegated tasks and assignments
- Following established policies and procedures
- Trouble-shooting problems independently
- Being responsible for a number of varied activities
- Developing friendly professional personal relations with others
- Meeting new people frequently
- Cooperating with team or committee decisions
- Working at a consistent and steady pace
- Handling repetitive work without becoming impatient
- Maintaining a consistent work pace for long period
- Maintaining continuity of normal work flow despite interruptions
- Doing work which requires manual dexterity
- Checking the details of work for accuracy
- Meeting scheduled deadlines
- Carrying out instructions carefully
- Working in a neat, very organized manner
- Being responsible for high quality of work
- Providing helpful services to others
- Using prudent judgement in new situations
- Closely checking the correctness of work done by self or others
- Paid Holidays
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Uniform Program
- Health Insurance (percentage of employee's premium is paid by company)
- Dental Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability (paid in full by company)
- Group Term Life (company provides paid in full term life policy)
- FSA and Health Savings Account
- Employee Bonus Referral Program
- Clinical experience in a health-care setting is a plus, but not required
- Excellent driving record (no more than 1 moving violations in past 3 years)
- Must have experience driving a 16 foot box truck
- No DUI/DWI convictions in the past 5 years
- Must be able to pass a drug/alcohol screen and DOT Physical- at least a 1 year medical card
- Subject to criminal background check
- Clean Cut and Professional looking at all times
- Ability to be flexible with hours worked
- Rotation of on-call - evenings and weekends
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Must have the ability to place and service equipment up to 75 lbs.
- Extensive driving but mostly consists of day trips
- Ability to work overtime on short notice when needed and be on call evenings and weekends
- High School Diploma or GED - or willing to obtain it during your first year of employment
Please submit a resume to be considered for the position, we do not accept phone calls or walk-ins. Thank you!