Dell recently announced its acquisition of AppAssure, a global leader in complete server, data and application protection for virtual, physical and cloud infrastructures. The AppAssure acquisition is Dell’s latest investment as it broadens its enterprise portfolio for a complete range of data center products and solutions and extends its Fluid Data architecture to constantly adapt to change, deliver business results faster, and protect data everywhere.
This role is accountable for selling a defined set of products that address customer needs of varying complexity (via telephone, chat, web, or e-mail); or working with subject matter expert to address a solution of even higher complexity. The role is also responsible for building customer relationships by partnering with technical specialists to provide the best possible solutions.
Why work for Dell?
- Call prospective B2B customers and develop business relationships.
- Provide product knowledge to prospective customers.
- Identify and qualify leads.
- Manage and track all sales activities.
- Provides product or BU specific expertise.
- Responsible for selling a defined set of products and services.
- May own account sets and/ or be called into accounts as opportunities are identified.
- Acts as a technical resource to support the sales organization to meet and/or exceed their objectives.
- Identifies customer needs/ requirements, and recommends the appropriate products and solutions.
- Remains up-to-date on new product, technology, and services offerings.
- Stays current on industry and vertical solutions as well.
- Assists in the on-going technical education and development of the broader team.
- Promotes and positions key strategic product and service offerings.
- Learns the full range of Dell technology, products, and services and is able to identify how these products and services align to customer needs.
- Number of Decision Makers Involved in the Sale: Typically sells to only one decision maker, either a consumer or small or medium business owner.
- Industry: Typically sells to consumer and small/medium business.
- Function: Able to function in call center environment. Transactional aptitude. May need limited project and time management skills.
- Products and Services: Sells a broad range of non-enterprise level hardware products and services.
- Recommends business solutions considering customer needs and Dell interests.
- Builds knowledge on account team about Dell’s products and services to include keeping them up to speed on new products/service and how that team’s customers can benefit from them"
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree, technical college or some college course work preferred.
- Driven professional who is focused on growth
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
to speak up
- Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage
- Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving
- Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
- Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
- Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions
About Dell Inc.:
- Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
- Exciting internal career opportunities
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
- An individual professional development plan
- Formal and informal training
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...