Principal Duties and Responsibilities:|
Dell is hiring for a Senior Software Engineer working in Dell's Enterprise Systems and Solutions group on converged infrastructure systems management software. The candidate will be a member of the Enterprise Systems and Solutions Software Engineering team and will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing products for Dell's Next Generation data center offerings under the Active Systems Family. The candidate should be comfortable working in both the Windows and Linux environment, have experience programming in Java as well as expertise in integrating products via Web Services. Prior experience in accurately scoping implementation resource requirements and schedule timelines is important. Candidates should also have good communication, mentoring, and leadership skills to work across a global development team environment.
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
8+ years of Software development experience, including 5 years in the following areas:
- Experience in Object Oriented Design and programming using Java, C++ or C#
- Experience in integrating products using Web Services
- Experience in Linux / Windows as a development platform
- Experience with Networking, Server and Storage technologies
- Experience with Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.) a plus
- Experience with technical and architectural leadership to team members
- Experience with technical leadership for architecture, high level design and implementation
- Experience with effort estimation and project planning
- Experience with global teams in different time zones
- XML, SOAP, WSDL, XML Schema, REST
- Past experience with various RPC mechanisms a plus
- Understanding of secure communications protocols such as SSL, SSH, HTTPS
- Knowledge of network programming (TCP/IP, sockets, etc).
- Multi-threaded programming
- Excellent design and analytical skills
- Proven ability to take a product through all phases of development (design, specification, implementation, QA, and production)
- OSGi, Karaf, Artifactory, Gradle, Database/SQL, Hibernate, Spring, RPM update, web services security
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...