Dell Quest Software Oracle Database Replication (SharePlex Consultant) - Nationwide
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for Oracle Database Replication (SharePlex Consultant) – Nationwide.
Quest Software, an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems, is now an important component of Dell’s Software Group. Quest bolsters Dell’s competitive position in delivering end-to-end IT solutions and is a strong strategic fit with Dell’s software group.
We are currently looking for a Consultant to be a part of our High Availability Professional Services Team. The primary responsibility of this role is to successfully implement and integrate Quest Software’s Oracle High Speed Database Replication Solutions. This position is assigned to SharePlex solution implementation engagements. You will support multiple deployments simultaneously, under supervision of a solution architect while acting as the technical contact to the customer. This position requires a junior consulting professional who has understanding of Oracle database design, management, tuning, recovery and replication solutions. The professional largely operates independently to provide quality work on product and project management to an engagement; Performs varied and duties and tasks in order to implement Quest’s SharePlex replication product and technology to meet customer needs.
- Deliver product implementation services to customers.
- Provide Product Management with field experiences towards the betterment of the products.
- Continue to elevate one’s level of technical expertise in the marketplace, offering. customers recommendations and solutions to their availability challenges. Involves self-study activities.
- Assist in the sale of consulting services – consultative selling using one’s technical expertise in the area of HA.
- Deliver product system administration training.
- Oracle Database Expertise: 9i – 11g.
- Familiarity with Oracle Database replication.
- Knowledge of network concepts, architecture, protocols and system is a must.
- Experienced in Oracle methods of recovery from physical to logical recovery.
- Deep understanding of Unix system scripting and knowledgeable in setting up scripts and cron.
- Technical undergraduate degree or equivalent required.
- This position requires an average of 75% travel.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Couple years of professional experience in a technical position deploying and implementing products for external clients.
- Project Management
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 12 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...