Quest Software, an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems, is now an important component of Dell’s Software Group. Quest bolsters Dell’s competitive position in delivering end-to-end IT solutions and is a strong strategic fit with Dell’s software group.
Product Manager – Identity Access Management
Product: User Administration Solution/ ActiveRoles Server
The ideal candidate will be a business-oriented senior product manager responsible for overall product strategy of one of Quest’s key user administration solutions for Windows: ActiveRoles Server.
· Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
· Specifying market requirements for current and future releases by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers, partners and other parties
· Has the ability to quickly analyze market segments, customer needs per segment and synthesize into product and solution strategies
· Develops core product content, market and product requirements documents, positioning, messaging, evidence and demos
· Helping to drive a solution set experience across teams (primarily other product managers, development/engineering, and marketing) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning
· Helping to develop and implement go-to-market plans, working with all departments to execute
· Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
· Act as the spokesperson for the product with analysts and press, as needed
· Presenting and demonstrating the product and solutions to customers, press and analysts
Successful candidates will have 5 or more years of product or program management, marketing or technical sales experience in identity or access management (IAM) or Windows software with proven results. Candidates should demonstrate strong communication, experience working with customers, passion for technology and customers, and business strategy skills as well as high energy and passion for their work. Evidence of strong project management skills in addition to a technical understanding of IAM, Microsoft and security products, related companies and markets is required.
An undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree is required; an MBA is preferred.
Strong expertise with Active Directory and Windows are required. Experience in IT operations is a strong plus. Experience working with Microsoft corporate, field marketing or field sales organizations is also desirable. An “MVP” designation is a significant asset.
Travel, up-to 50% of time, sometimes internationally, will be required.
Location: United States or Canada preferred but not required. Relocation not required.
Travel up to 50%, sometimes international travel is required.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 12 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...