Quest Software, an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems, is now an important component of Dell’s Software Group. Quest bolsters Dell’s competitive position in delivering end-to-end IT solutions and is a strong strategic fit with Dell’s software group.
This is a very exciting time to join the Sales & Marketing Applications team as the recent acquisition of Quest Software by Dell has resulted in new opportunities to expand our application deployment to meet expanded business objectives. As a Sr. Business Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a Fortune 100 company in Dell, to expand on our current use of technologies which include SalesForce.com, Eloqua, Siebel Sales & Service, Zoura and Oracle EBS and many other systems, while providing an opportunity to learn new skills and remain current on new technology.
- Analyze, define, and implement global cross-functional business process solutions in order to improve the efficiency and productivity of the business, including all aspects of SDLC project management
- Manage all aspects of the SDLC and project management tasks as needed.
- Production support management
- Triage & assessment of support cases for criticality
- Coordination of assessment effort
- Business review and prioritization coordination
- Support case trend reporting and analysis
- Analyze business processes in order to define the current state, identify inefficiencies, and gather requirements from Subject Matter Experts.
- Define and document the future state processes in order to provide a confirmation of the requirements delivered by the subject matter experts as well as provide sufficient detail for the software developers to create the technical solution. This includes creating requirements, process flows, and design documentation.
- Implement the solution by providing direction and feedback during the process of technical design & development.
- Strategize change management by analyzing the gap between the current state and future state in order to determine the areas of user acceptance risk.
- Implement a testing strategy for confirming the functionality of created technical solutions. Create test plans, test scripts, execute test scripts and track issues and resolutions.
- Develop and deliver training materials for new technology releases.
- Requires a 4-year college degree (or equivalent experience) plus 5 years experience in working with the SalesForce.com environment as a Business Systems Analyst or;
- An advanced degree (MBA/MS) in a technology related field and 3 years experience in working with the SalesForce.com environment as a Business Systems Analyst
- Experience with SalesForce.com
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of Siebel, Eloqua, Zuora, Oracle BI Publisher, and middleware is a plus.
- Working knowledge of B2B / B2C eCommerce applications and related protocols (EDI, cXML, xCBL, etc.) as a Business Analyst a plus.
- Microsoft Sharepoint, Oracle Financials, Oracle Fusion SOA, IBM WebSphere (including BPEL) and CastIron experience is a plus.
- Requires excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 17 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...