This position will be responsible for the design and development activities associated with software using a range of applicable technologies (e.g., programming languages, compilers, assemblers, debuggers, other tools) for the Aventail Secure Remote Access (SSL-VPN) product line. Analyzes requirements and develops innovative, user-friendly, useful software. Modifies existing software products to add new functions, adapt to new VPN appliance hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability. Participates in product development in all stages from planning and design to development and testing. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products.
- Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including customer usability studies. Performs competitive analysis for features at a product level scope.
- Leads the testing and fixing of new or enhanced products.
- Creates technical documentation of software products/solutions. Assists with the development and review of end user and technical end user documentation.
- Drives idea generation for new software features for upcoming versions of the VPN products.
- Protects Intellectual property by working appropriate legal elements (ex: procurement, patents, opensource).
- Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status.
- Makes changes to system software to correct errors in the original implementation and creates extensions to existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
- Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, or produces new software products or tools.
- Reviews requirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality; develops and implements plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance.
Why work for Dell?
- Direct experience with Java-based web application development with JSP, Struts, XML and XSL technologies.
- Experience and strong knowledge of user interaction design principles
- Design and development experience in a Linux environment preferred.
- Experience with networking products and technologies is highly desirable.
- Undergraduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
- Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
- Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
- Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
- Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
About Dell Inc.:
- Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
- Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
- Exciting internal career opportunities
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
- An individual professional development plan
- Formal and informal training
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...