Inside Product Specialist IV – IG – PSI700
Dell has recently announced its acquisition of Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings. The addition of Wyse will expand Dell’s desktop virtualization capabilities and provide new market opportunities for the full range of Dell’s enterprise solutions and services.Provides pre-sales technical support to the inside sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for delivering technical solutions, products, and /or services that address customer needs of varying complexity (via telephone, chat, web, or e-mail); or working with subject matter expert to address a solution of even higher complexity.
Provides product or BU specific expertise.
· Responsible for selling a defined set of products and services.
· May own account sets and/ or be called into accounts as opportunities are identified.
· Acts as a technical resource to support the sales organization to meet and/or exceed their objectives.
· Identifies customer needs/ requirements, and recommends the appropriate products and solutions.
· Remains up-to-date on new product, technology, and services offerings.
· Stays current on industry and vertical solutions as well.
· Assists in the on-going technical education and development of the broader team.
· Promotes and positions key strategic product and service offerings.
· Uses thought leadership to build customer relationships and assist customers in developing business solutions using Dell products and services.
· Coaches others in closing complex deals and assists others in keeping up-to-date on Dell’s technology, products, and services.
· Exhibits a broad base knowledge of multiple or related industries as well as an acute business understanding.
· Organizes internal/external resources in response to customer needs.
· Articulates how the Dell business model relates to selling Dell products and services.
· Key point of contact for customer but may escalate customer issues/concerns as appropriate
· Specialized resource assigned to account or team.
· If account/acquisition focused, individual responsible for:
· Highest revenue spend in business and/or account complexity within assigned business.
· Greatest strategic value within assigned business.
· Accomplished level specialized sales representative, influencing how others engage/interact within the business and across the function.
· Serves as coach/mentor for less experienced Inside Product Specialists.
· Partners to drive highly complex and complicated solution sets.
· Established subject matter expertise.
· Industry Certifications in place and maintained.
· Devises new approaches/methods to selling Dell products and services.
· Uses leadership skills to build relationships and assist customers in developing business solutions using Dell products and services.
· Assumes leadership role in keeping sales teams and customer accounts up to date on Dell’s specialized products and services.
· Encourages others to stay up-to-date in their knowledge of what is going on in Dell, and in relevant industries.
· Develops relations with key vendors to better position industry technology within Dell solutions.
· Coaches and supports others in resolving complex, high risk customer issues.
· Focuses self and team on the most critical activities that support the sales environment.
· Drives solutions with global implications.
· Proactively identifies and manages opportunities in CRM to drive and deliver complex solutions and customer experience.
· Must interact with the customer with utmost performance and accuracy as this experience directly relates to the strength of the relationship with the customer, and thus the customer’s level of trust and satisfaction. This in turn has a significant impact on future spend with Dell.
· Accounts are highly complex at this level, typically involving enterprise class solutions.
· Drives highly complicated and complex solutions to customers.
· Exhibits a broad based knowledge of multiple or related industries as well as an acute business understanding.
· Highest level of competency in providing total solutions and providing cross segment teamwork.
· 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree, technical college or some college course work preferred.
Why work for Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
- Integrity and Trust – Team members who ‘do the right thing’ and have courage to speak up
- Intellectual Capacity – openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
- Drive For Results – Team members with a ‘can do’ spirit
-Adaptable – Team members who respond and adjust
-Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
-Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
-Exciting internal career opportunities
-Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
-An individual professional development plan
-Formal and informal training
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering time, technology, and the know-how to make the world a better place?
With a company committed to creating a diverse workforce and creating a positive, collaborative environment where everyone is valued and included?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...