New England Controls, an Emerson Local Business Partner, is the leading solutions supplier of process control and information technology solutions in the New England region.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, hard-working, fun-loving people who have a desire to work with the latest technology and the brightest minds to provide innovative solutions to our customer’s problems. Our people are differentiated by their high energy and do-what-it takes attitude. We see ourselves as one team working together with a passion to serve the customer first. Our customers and partners include the most significant Life Sciences, Energy, Pulp and Paper and Chemical companies in the region.
New England Controls provides a professional environment where you can grow, be independent and contribute to a shared spirit of creativity and innovation. As an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company, “we don’t just work here, we own the place!”
The leader in process control products, solutions and service - because we hire the best
The Life Sciences Engineering team provides large project engineering, site engineering and integration engineering services using the DeltaV Automation System. Engineers leverage their expertise and knowledge of process control systems and automation across multiple process industries. As a Systems Engineer with New England Controls you will develop high quality, well-tested and well-documented application software and hardware designs. Based on the project you may be responsible for electrical panel design layouts, electrical loop drawings, bus segment drawings, on-site client work and provide management and oversight of panel fabrication and field installations or for developing Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), Detailed Design Specifications (DDS), and Test Scripts following software implementation of software designs.
Candidates must have process automation control systems engineering experience with Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and process control knowledge in our focus industries (life sciences – pharmaceutical/biotech, food and beverage, pulp and paper, and power). Experience with Bus technologies is a plus. Specific knowledge of cGMP, batch process control in life science industry with validation experience is a plus. Candidates must have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering and have experience in electrical panel design and installation.
- Work to improve engineering efficiency of the team through training and utilization of engineers and technicians
- Develop and adhere to budgets for projects. Provide tracking information to project management for backlog reports (example: % Complete on tasks)
- Work to improve the long-term growth of New England Controls Engineering through business development, maintaining and improving profitability, and improvements in engineering efficiency
- Coordinates with assigned project team members to ensure that activities are completed in a timely manner
- Implementation/adherence of New England Controls' engineering policies, procedures and standards
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S. Degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience delivering control systems solutions.
- Ability to read and understand P&ID and SAMA/ISA logic diagrams.
- Ability to understand and program PLC
- Knowledge on data collection
- Ability to develop, adopt and maintain a budget for a Control System project
Please state salary requirements when applying for this position.