Do you want to work for the leader in the outdoor industry? Then apply today to join the Cabela’s team. Cabela’s has an opening for a
Demand Forecaster I to work in the Analytic Data Sciences department
at our corporate office in Sidney, NE.
The key objective for a Demand Forecaster is to implement a methodical forecasting approach to help ensure product availability and minimize inventory exposure. Developing and implementing a proactive demand forecasting model and driving a structured approach in gathering data and formulating product forecasts will accomplish this. The Demand Forecaster will work closely with Merchandising/Planning and Inventory, Finance and Marketing to develop a rolling 12 to18 month demand forecast and drive the entire forecasting process using the Forecasting System and proven techniques to enhance forecast accuracy and support the current demand chain initiative. This position will report directly into the Senior Manager of Business Integration with a dotted line to a Merchandise Planning Director.
ESSENTIAL ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in the development, implementation and functional support of projects and systems designed to build the retail and direct capabilities of the organization. Support corporate initiatives including development and implementation of new applications and best practices. Provide functional and technical expertise and partner with key external vendor & consultants. Ensure that the Demand Forecasting System interacts effectively with other related systems.
• Ensure forecast generation, maintenance and overall accuracy on base, promotion and new products adding marketing intelligence to ensure all forecasts accurately drive the planning and replenishment systems.
• Build and maintain strong working relationship with Merchandising/Planning and Inventory, Finance and Marketing Teams to facilitate information sharing and collaborative planning. Build strong relationship with dotted line matrix into Merchandise Planning Director.
• Proactively identify and analyze key retail events, such as promotional activity, and be able to incorporate this into Multi-Channel demand forecasts.
• Data mining and analysis to uncover trends and correlations to better predict demand. -Using data develop new statistical predictive models to forecast SKU demand, including pricing sensitivity models.
• Understand connections between seasonality, lifecycle, promotion and other factors that impact demand forecasts and generate effective forward forecasts that incorporate multi-variable knowledge.
• Collaborate internally with Merchandising/Planning and Inventory, Marketing, Finance teams to understand multi-channel /item behavior at all phases of the product lifecycle to maximize sales and inventory management goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in statistics, operations research, mathematics, or computer science.
• 2+ years of Demand forecasting experience. Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods, Big Box Retailer or Discounter a plus.
• Experience building, iterating, and validating predictive data models from scratch
• A proven track record of business intelligence or data mining experience
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Experience using SQL, SAS a plus.
• Ability to work with Managers and Directors from different disciplines, asks the appropriate questions, and gain consensus in solving problems.
• Excellent problem solving, quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
• Strong organization, project management, multi-tasking skills.
• Maintain, design and create accurate and timely reports for executive management and Direct and Retail User community.
• Improve data query environment by tracking and analyzing changing user requirements, adding new functionality and data sources and by developing process efficiencies.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.
Cabela's Inc. - 7 months ago
Cabela's is a hunter's and fisherman's Disneyland. The seller of outdoor sporting goods operates about 35 stores in 20-plus...