The Demand Forecaster supports the supply chain by developing, analyzing and communicating SKU level forecasts based on statistical analysis, customer supplied data, sales manager input, marketing data, and point-of-sale data. The position’s primary function is to effectively plan demand to improve supply chain efficiency, reduce inventory, improve production planning, and aid superior customer service.
Generate a statistical forecast using the Logility Demand Planning module, applying sales intelligence, market intelligence and customer-supplied data on various business segments.
- Facilitate the cross-functional consensus process and proactive management of developing a one-number forecast for the organization.
- Measure variances between forecast and actual demand, analyze cause and effect and recommend corrective actions. Partner with Sales, Customer Service, and Marketing to continually explore ways to improve baseline accuracy.
- Contribute to the improvement of processes and system tools to develop a customer demand driven process.
- Generate statistical forecast reports for management.
- Prepare and present forecast reviews at various management meetings.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· College degree or applicable experience necessary .
· Two or more years experience in an analytical function, preferably part of the forecasting or planning process.
· Knowledge of the supply chain and the impacts of forecasting on supply chain performances.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing to various levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated strong aptitude in math, along with problem solving and analytical skills.
· Able to analyze data, draw reasonable conclusions, and formulate next steps.
· Knowledge of ERP systems and functions such as scheduling, planning and MRP.
· Experience with statistical forecasting techniques and software preferred.
· Ability to work effectively both independently or in a team atmosphere. Independent daily work will involve several hours of working on a computer to generate/optimize forecasts.
· Experienced in setting priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Above average computer skills in applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Access experience is a plus.
· Consumer Packaged Goods experience is a plus.
· Some travel may be required.
Please send your resume to the following email address: HRW5@rocklineind.com
Rockline Industries, Inc - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Rockline Industries is a family owned corporation established in 1976.
Rockline is principally engaged in the manufacturing and marketing...