The Sr. Marketing Programs Manager will be responsible for the planning, execution and tracking of business-to-business end user lead generation programs and activities. In addition, this individual will manage the marketing automation system (Marketo) in execution of marketing programs. This professional will work closely with peers in sales and business systems to build maintain and track a pipeline of qualified leads based upon predetermined criteria. They will understand best practices and process for lead management. Those leads will be measured by conversion to opportunity with the goal to drive new customer acquisition. This role is critical to the success of the business as the marketing pipeline will directly impact the revenue target.
- Develop and execute the demand generation plan aligned with corporate goals. Programs include but not limited to: direct mail, nurture campaigns, social media, display advertising, email, website, online syndication, webinars, telemarketing, and events
- Establish measurable response rates, conversion rates, and ROI for programs
- Manage marketing automation solution, including training, analysis and optimization of the system.
- Coordinate and lead campaign process and communication with the sales teams.
- Produce campaign recap summaries using Salesforce and Marketo (e.g., campaign dashboards, webinar registrants, email campaign metrics, SEM and display media performance metrics, net new leads, conversion rates, etc.). Identify and initiate new campaigns and new opportunities for existing campaigns based on analysis of past performance.
- Insure data integrity (de-dupe, opt-in, opt-out information)
- Manage to budget
- Manage direct marketing and lead generation outside agencies and vendors for campaign execution as needed.
The candidate will have previously created lead/demand generation campaigns in a B2B company. They will have had significant experience both creating and executing integrated demand generation campaigns and local field events with a successful track record of measurable results. They should be high-energy, passionate, and driven. Core background requirements include:
- Experience in demand generation (program creation, execution, and measurement
- Experience in marketing software to IT organization
- Experience with marketing automation platforms, including Marketo and Eloqua, and CRM systems, including salesforce.com
- Experience with Google Analytics, or similar web analytics tool
- Proven track record in a fast paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with flawless execution
- BA or BS in Marketing, Business or related field
- High energy make it happen attitude, shows initiative and preparedness
- Comfort and experience with being the go-to marketing resource in the field
- Enthusiastic and self-supportive
- Ability to work and build cross-functional relationships
- Ability to manage one or more team members
Proofpoint - 20 months ago