The Demand Planner is responsible for the management, enhancement, and support of demand planning and forecasting systems, tools and reports used in developing operational forecasts and demand plans for use in Sales and Operational Planning. This position will work closely with sales and marketing to develop a rolling 12-18 month demand forecast at the sku level and drive the entire forecasting process proven techniques to enhance accuracy and support the current supply chain initiatives. The role will work with supply planning and others as required to successfully improve demand plans and reduce excess and obsolete inventory.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
- Create and maintains customer forecasting models, incorporating business intelligence, and demand information gathered from sales, marketing, new products, and other sources
- Manage, analyze, and execute demand forecast and update based on actual sales usage, trends, promotional plans, new product launch projections, and revised sales plan.
- Proactively present, solicit, and assess feedback on the variance forecasts from sales and aggregate them into customer/ retailer level forecast model.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, analyze statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results.
- Establish refined systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs and work with supply planning on opportunities and risks regarding customer replenishment performance metrics.
- Monitor sku levels and recommend sku rationalization initiatives in the future
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process and identify/highlight major forecasting issues for discussion and resolution with management
SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT:
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. Please note that we will reply only to inquiries regarding system accessibility and will not respond to any other inquiries sent to this email address.
Keywords: business, analysis, analytics, planning, planner, demand, finance, Benjamin Moore, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, APICS
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business, Operations, or related field is preferred and have at least 3-5 years’ experience in operations, pharmaceutical or consumer products.
- Advanced working knowledge with ERP/MRP systems. Strong computer skills including advanced Excel, MS Office, Business Objects, Forecast Pro, Infinium and other database and web applications.
- Ability to lead teams in problem solving and conflict resolution. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Manage multiple projects and initiatives. Work independently and demonstrate initiative. Work in a collaborative team environment where a variety of issues immerge rapidly and tight deadlines exist.
- APICS certification is preferred. Experience with Process Excellence, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing is preferred.
- Detail oriented/ Project Management Experience Preferred
Color, technology, innovation, and leadership define Benjamin Moore & Co. For more than a century, succeeding in these areas has...