PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
Demonstrators work part-time as members of the Field Sales team to engage consumers in an energetic and confident manner and provide them with knowledgeable information about Dyson products in select retail locations (i.e. Costco, Bed Bath and Beyond and Best Buy) or events across the United States. The most important part of a Demonstrators’ job is to create a positive experience with the store and the consumers; assisting in the sale of Dyson products to achieve company specified sales goals. Demonstrations occur on Saturdays, Sundays and some weekday holidays. Demonstrators must work a minimum of 3 out of 4 weekends per month within an assigned market.
This is what we need you to do...
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES:
Increase overall awareness and sales of Dyson products through in store and event demonstrations
• Conduct planned demonstrations in assigned retail stores to achieve specified sales goals
• Capture consumers’ attention to participate in high energy, captivating in-store demonstrations and model all aspects of Dyson’s brand, culture, and passion for technology
• Be a credible product and brand expert by educating consumers on the benefits and features of Dyson products and actively listening to consumers to confidently recommend appropriate Dyson products and comfortably over objections
• Maintain responsibility for all demonstration and other POP material
• Assist with training of new Demonstrators as needed
Communicate clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner with accounts, peers, and District Demonstration Manager
• Actively monitor Dyson’s online reporting system to contribute quality feedback and report/confirm attendance
• Capture accurate demonstration data and communicate opportunities to District Demonstration Manager per established guidelines
• Build and maintain strong relationships with store personnel
This is what we need you to have...
Experience and Education
• HS Diploma or GED required
• Bachelor Degree a plus
• 1 year experience in a public interfacing role required
• Experience in a retail sales environment required
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
• Ability to work a minimum of 3 out of 4 weekends per month, including up to an hour a week for administrative work
• Must have a professional demeanor
• Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity at all times
• Strong communication and presentation skills essential
• Charismatic and outgoing personality
• Good understanding of retail business operations; local market knowledge is a plus
• Must have intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Must be self-motivated and be able to work well independently
• Must be available to attend and actively participate in team meetings conference calls
• Must have a valid drivers license with good driving record; reliable transportation, and ability to travel within designated region
• Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30 lbs., potentially overhead
• Access to a private computer and a cell phone with ability to send/receive text messages
• Ability to stand on your feet for up to eight hours at a time
• Must have Windows Operating System of XP SP3 or above or Mac Operating System 10.5x or above.
• Must have Internet Explorer 7.x or above, Firefox 3.x or above, or Safari (Mac)
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA m/f/v/d
Dyson - 16 months ago
Inventors. Heroes. Wrong thinkers. Problem solvers. Dyson is a place for the unconventional.
Frustrated with a Hoover that lost its...