Postal/Zip Code: 48346
Cadillac Asphalt, a vertically integrated Oldcastle Inc. joint venture company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.cadillacasphalt.com or our parent company at www.oldcastle.com.
Density Technician – Clarkston
This is a Full Time, Seasonal position
This position involves various manual tasks associated with the preparation of jobs for the asphalt paving operation.
• Taking core samples,
• Testing in-place density on asphalt pavement,
• Take hot mix samples from behind a paver
• Able to work independently
• Must be willing to work varying hours including nights and weekends.
• Will perform other manual tasks as assigned per supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
• Promote a safe work environment and follow safe work practices.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
• Ability to do basic math.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of MDOT Percent within Limits Specifications
• May require lifting and long periods of standing and walking
• Previous related experience in the construction field is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Michigan Paving and Materials Company offers:
• Competitive Compensation
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
• Safety Incentives
• Health and wellness programs
• A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
Please apply online at www.oldcastle.com/careers .
Search Job Requisition #34393
We are an EEO Employer and encourage all qualified candidates to apply for this position.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Cadillac Asphalt is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Cadillac Asphalt is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...