Under the supervision of the Dental Clinic Coordinator or Assistant Director, is responsible for assisting team members to maintain an efficient Dental Department.
- Accurately charts diagnosis of providers, assisting the front office as needed with charts, recalls, billing, x-rays and filing.
- Assists both dentists and hygienist on chair side basis as needed.
- Competent in dental materials handling/mixing
- Maintains instruments and equipment, sterilization, tray set-ups, unit stocking preparations to facilitate efficiency, quality care with patient and provider satisfaction.
- Maintenance of equipment including X-ray developer,sterilizers, vaccum system, dental units and handpieces.
- Provides accurate translation of communication of treatment and information between patient and provider.
- Takes x-rays that are of good diagnostic quality acceptable to providers, Denti-Cal and insurance.
- Assists in training of new assistants.
- Espouses professional standards in the care of patients
- Certificate of completion from an accredited program for dental assistants preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Under 1 year experience as a Dental Assistant.
Family Health Centers of San Diego - 18 months ago