Dental Assistant II|
SUN LIFE FAMILY HEALTH CENTERJOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: DENTAL ASSISTANT II
REPORTS TO: DENTAL DIRECTOR
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The Dental Assistant II aid the Dentist by providing assistance as directed by dental protocol.
1. Ensure quality of care by preparing treatment area for patient; cleans, sterilizes and sets up treatment area, and pulls patients chart.
2. Prepare patient for treatment by reviewing medical chart, greeting, seating, draping, taking blood pressure, as necessary, and providing information.
3. Assure efficiency of dentist by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentists access; suctioning and passing instruments.
4. Assure readiness of materials by selecting, mixing basses/impression materials, and placing materials for use.
5. Take and develop patients x-rays, as requested by Dentist and per regulatory and department protocol and procedures.
6. Mount and file dental x-rays per department procedures.
7. Maintain patient confidence by counseling patient on dental health, requesting consent for extractions/treatment, giving post-op instructions, and scheduling follow-up appointment.
8. Protect patients and co-workers by adhering to infection control policies and procedures.
9. Maintains and monitors equipment for department operations, assuring that autoclave is monitored by using spore testing.
10. Assure adequate stock is on hand by inventorying and ordering supplies as necessary.
11. Ensure operation of dental equipment by following procedures for maintenance, evaluation and usage.
12. Maintain x-ray equipment and ensure operation by following procedures for maintenance, evaluation and usage.
13. Assure treatment areas are adequately stocked and ready for use.
14. Participate in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement
15. Perform all other related duties as assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of state and federal regulations where applicable
• Knowledge of infection control protocols and procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalency
• X-Ray Certification required
• Coronal Polishing certification preferred
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago
Sun Life Family Health Center is a not-for-profit organization providing health care to Casa Grande, Eloy, Coolidge, Maricopa, Oracle and...