Essential Skills And Experience
• Thirty-six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Applicant must be an RDA licensee for 4 years.
• Must have X-Ray and Corona polishing certifications. CDA certificate or 5 years of experience is required in Georgia based schools. EDA is required for Florida based schools. RDA certificate is required in California schools.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
• Ability to effectively present information to management and/or public groups.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Direct Reports To This Position
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical- Standing, walking, sitting, handling papers and folders, ordinary talking, hearing and vision, lifting up to 25 pounds.
Mental- alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytical, memory, concentration, judgment, writing ability, reasoning, initiative, patience.
Provide quality delivery of assigned course information by planning, preparing, and delivering quality classroom instruction in participatory, interactive student involved modalities. Provide guidance and academic support to students to facilitate course completion. Maintain a high student retention rate based on organizational and regulatory expectations. Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues, problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to resolve issues.
Conduct, evaluate and deliver course information that will meet standardized requirements for Dental Assistants based on industry standards. Ensure that students achieve the soft skills and technical skills that lead to employability.
Primary/Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures
• Teach one or more subjects within the Dental Assistant curriculum; recommend changes regarding textbooks and other aspects of the curriculum. Instructors are hired for 1 or 2 sessions.
• Prepare and deliver lecture and lab demonstrations as outlined in curriculum.
• Facilitate class discussions.
• Ensure student’s conceptual understanding of employability skills.
• Research, update and augment lecture material and lab skills.
• Actively participate in faculty staff meetings and in-service trainings.
• Directly supervise daily activities and tasks of students.
• Promote skills through demonstration and repetition.
• Organize and monitor field trips, guest speakers and other approved curriculum enhancements.
• Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
• Encourages use of support and resources systems including student services, library and other support organizations.
• Seek alternatives to improving student outcomes, reducing attrition and improving retention.
• Track and advise students of their academic and attendance progress.
• Demonstrate effective teaching skills and conduct tutorial sessions as needed.
• Assess student achievement and ensure accuracy of all student records.
• Stay current with trends in vocational education through professional development.
• Monitor student dress code and professional behavior and monitor all invasive procedures during lab.
• Follow State requirements for Continuing Education Units and RDA requirements
• Actively support campus initiatives, company policies and procedures, goals and student outcomes.
• Other duties as assigned
Key Success Factors
• Maintain student retention/completion rate for Dental Assistant program to the Company minimum standards;
• Instructor effectiveness—performance is successful when the following are met:
o Minimum of 92 % Attending Behavior
o 1st MOD, 2nd MOD, and 5 day lock
o Overall school programmatic completion and retention goals are met
• Ensure student satisfaction surveys are completed each month
• Timely and positive implementation of Company’s initiatives.
International Education Corporation - 18 months ago
International Education Corporation's history dates to 1982 when United Electronics Institute was founded in Los Angeles County, California....