Christie Dental is a multi-specialty dental group with 55 dentists and 18 practice locations in the Brevard and Ocala markets. Christie Dental offers individuals and families a full range of dental care, including general dentistry, hygiene and specialty care, such as pedodontics, oral surgery, endodontics, orthodontics and periodontics.
We have a GREAT opportunity for a full-time on-site Dental Assistant who will become a part of our Christie Dental family in the Ocala market.
A Dental Assistant supports and assists providers with patient care. It is essential to be able to lead, be flexible, friendly, have a “can do” personality and work in a timely fashion. In addition, a Dental Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
Benefits offered to candidate:
- Paid holidays
- Personal and professional growth development
- Open communication policy
- Team-oriented working environment
Essential Physical Demands:
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology.
- Perform all chairside procedures efficiently.
- Conduct inventory of all dental supplies, fill out inventory spreadsheets and communicate findings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental instruments and proper tray setups.
- Properly take, develop and mount all radiographs.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Responsible for stocking treatment areas/carts and dental related facility inventory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental treatment equipment maintenance procedures.
- Ensure all lab cases are prepared and tracked and follow up with any discrepancies
- Patient/staff rapport -- make positive contribution to office/organization.
- Ability to identify and explain chart sticker numbers as they relate to financial arrangements and specialty referral.
- Perform basic computer function.
- Demonstrate cost effective techniques when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals.
- Adhere to the Practice’s policies, procedures and processes on a consistent basis.
- Attend daily morning huddles with office staff and dentists.
- Attend practice meetings as required by the Practice Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports directly to the office manager.
The physical demands of this job require constant visual and auditory requirements and sitting, frequent keying and mouse input, occasional standing, walking, simple grasping, bending, squatting, kneeling, writing, pushing, pulling, reaching above and below the shoulder level.
Position requires occasional lifting demands of up to 25 pounds and occasional carrying demands of up to 10 pounds up to 50 feet.
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- 6 months on-the-job training
American Dental Partners, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard