- Full Time (Registered Dental Assistant)
Reports to administrator, wellness and functionally to the dentist. Prepares patients for examination and treatment in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) directives.
1. Assist dentist in performing services by preparing patients in chair and handling required instruments, equipment, and dental plastics.
2. Sterilize instruments and keep office stocked with required supplies.
3. Arrange and maintain appointment schedule.
4. Keep records of patients.
5. Act as office receptionist.
6. Provide pos-operative and oral hygiene instructions as prescribed by the dentist.
7. Assist in taking patient X-rays.
8. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
9. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
10. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.\
11. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
12. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that he incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent, certified in the state and one year experience as a dental assistant. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation - 22 months ago