A Dental Assistant supports and assists providers with patient care. It is essential to be able to lead, be flexible, friendly, have a “can do” personality and work in a timely fashion. In addition, a Dental Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology.
- Perform all chairside procedures efficiently.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental instruments and proper tray setups.
- Properly take, develop and mount all radiographs.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Responsible for stocking treatment areas/carts and dental related facility inventory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental treatment equipment maintenance procedures.
- Patient/staff rapport -- make positive contribution to office/organization.
- Ability to identify and explain chart sticker numbers as they relate to financial arrangements and specialty referral.
- Perform basic computer function.
- Demonstrate cost effective techniques when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
Metro Dentalcare - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard