With 33 locations across Wisconsin, ForwardDental is able to provide comprehensive general dental care for all ages including family dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, pediatric dentistry, implant dentistry, and IV and oral sedation. ForwardDental is nationally recognized for quality care, maintains the highest standards of service and has received accreditation through the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Each practice is community-based and enjoys a special relationship with the residents and businesses of the areas they serve.
A Dental Assistant supports and assists providers with patient care. It is essential to be able to lead, be flexible, friendly, have a “can do” personality and work in a timely fashion. In addition, a Dental Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology.
- Perform all chairside procedures efficiently.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental instruments and proper tray setups.
- Properly take, develop and mount all radiographs.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Responsible for stocking treatment areas/carts and dental related facility inventory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental treatment equipment maintenance procedures.
- Patient/staff rapport -- make positive contribution to office/organization.
- Ability to identify and explain chart sticker numbers as they relate to financial arrangements and specialty referral.
- Perform basic computer function.
- Demonstrate cost effective techniques when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment. To learn more about American Dental Partners and ForwardDental please visit us at www.amdpi.com and www.forwarddental.com.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.