POSITION: Dental Assistant
Are you looking to join a stable company that is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your contribution, and provides you with a career rather than just a job?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
- Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience™ by striving to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual concerns and promoting the good qualities of your doctor.
- Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients feel comfortable; prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors - thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
- Obtain dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips).
- Ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients.
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed.
- Complete radiographs and intra-oral pictures of patients as appropriate.
- Hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment.
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
- Record patient charting and all doctor notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the doctor.
- Ensure the doctor has reviewed treatment record, consents, and health history.
- Prepare materials for making impressions and restorations.
- Clean each operatory in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental
- Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
WHAT WE SEEK
Our ideal candidates possess the following qualifications:
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration.
- Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- As mandated by applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, radiograph exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc).
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
Pacific Dental Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Opportunity. Service. Clinical Excellence. Quality of Live. They’re all at PDS.
As a company, Pacific Dental Services believes...