Western New York Dental Group has been committed to providing quality dental care and excellent service to our patients in the Buffalo and Rochester, NY area since 1972. With convenient private neighborhood dental offices, your own personal dentist, a team of caring professionals, and our "always here for you" attitude, Western New York Dental Group offers the utmost convenience and patient satisfaction. Our dentists provide a wide variety of services to our patients including all phases of general, family and state of the art cosmetic dentistry. When the need arises for the services of a dental specialist, we are able to provide treatments with the help of our in-house team of specialists in pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, endodontics and periodontics.
To provide superior quality dental care while exercising courtesy and professionalism by means of co-workers and patients. The Dental Hygienist must possess the ability to assess, perform and reinforce productive preventative aseptic dental care of patients and support as well as reinforce communicated diagnosed dental treatment needs through established American Dental Partners, Inc standards.
- Take, develop and mount diagnostically acceptable radiographs.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge and usage of dental terminology, dental instruments, tray setups and instrument sharpening.
- Follow practice protocols: quality assurance, biohazards, infection control, charting, referrals, emergency medicine, implants, perio program and emergency treatment.
- Demonstrate proficient skills in dental prophylaxis and proper use of equipment.
- Effectively communicate oral hygiene instructions and dispense proper oral hygiene aids.
- Comply with practice guidelines listed in employee handbook.
- Chart - including graphical charting, perio charting and proper chart documentation.
- Stock all needed supplies and maintain equipment.
- Understand and utilize basic insurance knowledge and financial policies.
- Provide positive and professional leadership role.
- Properly handle specialty referrals.
- Successfully maintain recall system.
- Experience with electrionic dental records.
- Achieve defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current dental hygiene license in the state where job is located.
- Current CPR training.
- Experience working in a Periodontal office
- Knowledge of periodontal surgical techniques, implants etc
- Dentrix dental software experience a plus.
- NYS Anesthesia license required.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
It is required that the applicant have previous work experience in a Periodontal office. The applicant should be licensed to administer local anesthesia or currently be enrolled in an NYS approved course.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment.
To learn more about American Dental Partners and Western New York Dental Group please visit us at www.amdpi.com and www.wnydental.com.