Full Time Dental Receptionist, Patient Care Coordinator
Suffolk County: Medford Dental Office
Cosmetic & Reconstructive Implant and General Family Practice
Prosthetics, Dental Implants, Sedation, Implants, Oral Surgery, Periodontics, Endodontics, Dental CT Scans
Mature, friendly, outgoing, compassionate, must be experienced in General and Family Dentistry and/or Oral Surgery, Dental Insurance verification and submission. Experience in Medical insurance is a plus but not a requirement.
Experience includes but not limited to:
- Dental reception, dental insurance, dental insurance verification using the insurance websites.
- Maintain a patient recare schedule and recall system, sending postcards, calling patients.
- A leader with the ability to complete their job functions and who can delegate with follow up.
- Someone who is passionate about quality, customer service, and accuracy.
- Someone that has the ability to attract new patients to the practice using customer service and
Marketing skills, Patient Call Tracking, New Patient Appointments, Patient Retention, Internal Marketing
Good phone skills, include the ability to follow scripts, through proven practice management combined with internet, website and social media skills
- Maintaining and understanding the day to day operations of a general and family practice. Experience in oral surgery and implant procedures is a plus for this position.
- Time management, organization, efficiency and working toward daily goals involving patient treatment, account management, practice reports and collection reports.
- Someone who can read Digital Dental Radiographs, determine their diagnostic quality, recognize the teeth numbers, orient them, use them for submission to dental insurance companies using electronic filing.
- Knowledge of dental procedures including oral surgery, extractions, bone grafting, periodontal procedures, periodontal surgery, root canal therapy, prosthetics, hygiene procedures.
- Knowledge of Computers including Microsoft office, i.e., Microsoft word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Windows XP and/or Windows 7. The ability to type.
- Someone that has the ability to document call logs and account information accurately with the appropriate follow up, as well as creating typed formatted letters of communication to patients and or insurance companies.
- Someone with the knowledge of how to contact insurance companies to obtain the necessary information for submitting medical and dental claims via electronic or mail.
- The ability to communicate effectively to patients regarding their coverage and how it works.
- The ability to be an active member of the dental TEAM and be a team player for the common goal and mission of the dental practice.
- The ability to recognize the compassion that is required to be a member of the dental TEAM realizing the needs of the patient are the primary goal and purpose of our work.
Hours, Salary, Benefits, Interview Process
Full Time Position Days/Hours
Monday’s 12:00pm till 8:00pm (appropriate break times)
Tuesday’s 12:00pm till 8:00pm (appropriate break times)
Wednesday’s 12:00pm till 8:00pm (appropriate break times)
Thursday’s 12:00pm till 8:00pm (appropriate break times)
Saturday's, alternate, seasonal, 8-3pm
Competitive hourly salary for the right candidate based on individual experience and knowledge.
Expense for Business Attire
401K and Profit sharing
Periodic review conducted after 30, 60, 90 days. Pay raises are based on review, job performance, punctuality and skills.
All applicants please send a professionally formatted resume with a cover letter by us mail, fax or email.
Fax: (631) 206-9215
The interview will be approximately one hour; please come prepared, 30 minutes prior to scheduled time to allow to complete the written application. Please be prepared with a copy of your most recent resume, cover letter, references, past/current employers, dates of employment. Bring with you any transcripts, certificates, awards, letters of recommendation and any additional documentation you feel will be helpful to obtaining the position. Applicants that qualify will be asked to return for a second interview. Applicant names, personal information, applications, documentation, and references will be kept strictly confidential. References will only be contacted with written permission. We protects and keeps confidential all patients, empolyees and applicants all information according to HIPPA, and is an equal opportunity employer.
Frank C Perry DDS PC
Perry Family, Implants & Prosthetics of Long Island LLC
74 Southaven Avenue, Suite A
Medford, New York 11763
“Builiding A Better Smile”TM