Western New York Dental Group has been committed to providing quality dental care and excellent service to our patients in the Buffalo and Rochester, NY area since 1972. With convenient private neighborhood dental offices, your own personal dentist, a team of caring professionals, and our "always here for you" attitude, Western New York Dental Group offers the utmost convenience and patient satisfaction. Our dentists provide a wide variety of services to our patients including all phases of general, family and state of the art cosmetic dentistry. When the need arises for the services of a dental specialist, we are able to provide treatments with the help of our in-house team of specialists in pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, endodontics and periodontics.
We currently have a job opportunity for a Patient Services Representative in our Hamburg-Boston Practices.
As a Patient Services Representative, you will be responsible for all front desk duties including greeting patients, answering incoming phone calls, scheduling and confirming appointments and completing general office work. You will post daily patient procedure transactions, process insurance verifications and submit insurance claims. You will support patients and practice staff to ensure efficiency in all aspects of practice operations.
If you have the ability to multitask with strong organization and communication skills, you should consider this opportunity. Candidates with familiarity with computerized systems, with superior customer service skills and basic accounting skills required. Experience working in a dentist office or a professional environment for one year with the ability to facilitate all aspects of patient scheduling, insurance coverage, billing and payments desired.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment.
- Answer incoming calls using proper telephone etiquette.
- Check patients in and out.
- Schedule/confirm patient appointments.
- Perform all necessary paperwork (i.e. patient charts, referrals, appointment cards, welcome packets and treatment plan forms).
- Collect all co-payments and past due balances on date of service.
- Present financial policies and arrangements accurately to patients.
- Facilitate effective patient flow using the proper callback system.
- Identify, reference and apply insurance coverage and billing.
- Perform basic computer functions.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
To learn more about American Dental Partners and Western New York Dental Group please visit us at www.amdpi.com and www.wnydental.com.
One to two years dental experience.
- Six months of similar job experience.
- Demonstrate ability to assume Patient Services Representative’s essential responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective scheduling.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Demonstrate and promote superior customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Exercise basic knowledge of dental terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
American Dental Partners, Inc. - 18 months ago