The Dental Services Supervisor is part of the person centered integrated care team and responsible for scheduling dental appointments, checking in and checking out patients, including the processing of charges, in addition to management functions related to the dental services provided in Wentzville. This position supervises Dental support staff, including Dental Assistants.
Job responsibilities include:
General Reception Duties: 75%
· Answer multi-line phone system in polite and courteous manner.
- Perform phone triage of all incoming calls.
- Direct phone calls and messages to appropriate office staff.
- Answer questions concerning office operations.
- Schedule all dental appointments
· Greet and check in patients and hand out comment cards.
· Confirm patient’s insurance coverage eligibility and all next day appointments
· Send correspondence to patients who missed their appointment and/or are due for a check-up appointment.
· Collect fees per patient’s insurance or sliding fee eligibility.
· Prepare daily fee sheets.
· Complete posting of payments and submit billing claims
· Record all checks & cash for daily deposit
· Reconcile daily receipts and petty cash
· Make daily bank deposits.
· Performs duties involving record filing and retrieval, chart closure, and retention within the guidelines of agency policy.
· Keep abreast of any updates/changes per insurance provider via internet listservs and mail, and information provided by Sr. Director of Medical and Dental Services
- Communicate any changes/updates discovered through other means to Sr. Director of Medical and Dental Services
Administrative Duties : 20%
- Administration and management of all program operations and maintain coordination of services and communication among program components.
- Coordination and scheduling of services.
- Quality assurance of dental services to ensure that policies and procedures are responsive to client input.
- Recruitment, selection, and training of staff.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of staff
- Document and report to Sr. Director of Medical & Dental Services any medication and/or direct patient care errors.
- Order and maintain storage of necessary dental supplies in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Fiscal management of program budget and petty cash accounts.
- Work with staff to maximize program performance and productivity.
- Will ensure staff seeks culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency consumer and family member.
- Function as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Participates in agency’s Quality Improvement program as assigned.
- Ensure all OSHA standards and regulations are being followed and assist in the development of any plans of correction.
- Keep informed of, and communicate, any changes to Medicare, Medicaid, and any Private Insurance Carriers regarding covered services and pre-authorization processes as they relate to provision of services and quality patient care.
- Provide Dept Directors with reports and training needs, as needed.
Other Responsibilities: 5%.
- Serve as a back-up Dental Assistant when needed.
- All other duties as assigned by Sr. Director of Medical & Dental Services.
· At least 3years of work experience in a dental office with front office and back office experience
· At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
· Knowledge of dental office terminology, procedures and equipment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
· Knowledge of medical records management
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
· Administrative and Financial Management experience preferred
The Dental Services Supervisor - Wentzville consults with the Dental Director regarding issues related to the dental program, and to the Sr. Director of Medical & Dental Services regarding dental clinic operations.
Crider Health Center is a Community Health Center serving the mental, physical, and dental health needs of citizens of Franklin, Lincoln, St. Charles, and Warren Counties.
Join Our Team
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. Crider Health Center welcomes all people regardless of race, age, gender, religion, education, nationality, ethnicity, family circumstance, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and physical or mental ability.
Crider Health Center - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -