The Dentist provides dental care to all age groups in accordance with the State of Washington Department of Licensing and professional scope of practice and applies diagnostic and therapeutic dental services to Community Health Center of Snohomish County patients, while making reasonable and sound assessments and treatment plans within the scope of the CHC dental program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Independent and self-directed.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Produces work in high quantity and quality.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
• Knowledge of dental terminology.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Bilingual skills.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) from an American Dental Association (ADA) accredited School of Dentistry.
• Completion of an American Dental Association (ADA) accredited residency program - Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) or General Practice Residency (GPR).
• Customer service related experience working with the general public (1 year).
• Digital imaging familiarity.
• CDT-5 coding experience.
• Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
• Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
• Dentist license with the State of Washington.
• DEA controlled substances registration certificate.
• Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR/AED) certification - must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
• Successful completion of CHC’s credentialing and privileging review upon hire and recredentialing as appropriate.
• Driver's license with the State of Washington.
• Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Provides dental care to all age groups in accordance with the State of Washington Department of Licensing.
2. Works as part of a primary care team with CHC staff, providers, and other community dental care providers.
3. Assures integration of patient education into all treatment phases.
4. Makes reasonable and sound dental assessments and treatment plans.
5. Provides diagnostic and therapeutic dental services to current patients and emergency dental services to non-regular clinic patients within the scope of practice of CHC.
6. Consults with appropriate providers as necessary, and makes recommendations to patients for outside referrals.
7. Identifies special needs of CHC patients and works with staff to address those needs.
8. Obtains history and physical appropriate to dental problem. Reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
9. Documents encounters in an accurate and timely manner.
10. Assists the Director of Dental Services, Practice Manager and Chief Operating Officer in the planning and evaluation of effective clinic operations.
11. Responds to quality issues as recommended by the Quality Assurance Plan. Participates in ongoing identification of performance and process quality improvement opportunities of the department and the organization and the formulation and implementation of actions to achieve improvements. May serve on the Dental Quality Improvement Committee.
12. Leads a small team of support staff. Participates as a team member with all clinical staff to assure services meet or exceed the expectations of clients, coworkers, the public, and community standards.
13. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
Community Health Center of Snohomish County - 2 years ago
Community Health Center of Snohomish County (CHC) is a non-profit provider of primary medical, dental and pharmacy services. CHC was founded...