Reports to the Preconstruction Manager, prepares estimates based on an Owner’s/Architect’s design intent through construction documents. In the performance of this function, is responsible for the protection and promotion of the interest of Turner Construction Company in all matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct quantity take-off and studies for all items incorporated in the project, anticipating details necessary to complete the project.
- Prepare preliminary estimates and studies during pre construction, monitor design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Participate in the value engineering process.
- Develop, update and maintain unit cost figures.
- Prepare General Conditions estimates.
- Interface with subcontractors and suppliers and evaluate proposals relative to the scope of the work.
- Support Business Development in proposal presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Four- year college degree in engineering, construction management, building construction or similar is preferable and a minimum of four years of estimating experience. Additional experience in project engineering, field supervision or purchasing is desirable. Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices. Conceptual ability to work with minimum information. Excellent oral and written skills required. Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs. Knowledge of Prolog Manager and Primavera scheduling desirable.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. TURNER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Turner Construction Company is recognized as the leading general builder in the U.S. The company’s 5000+ employees perform work on...