The District is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Department Assistant. This customer service oriented position will be assigned to the Engineering Department and report to the Engineering Manager. The successful candidate must possess the ability to effectively organize and manage competing priorities, work independently, represent the District professionally, and work together with other administrative and customer service staff to cross train and provide back-up support as needed.
Requires the ability to efficiently utilize a computer, copy machine and other office equipment; proof read documents for details and accuracy; utilize a variety of computer software programs; perform accurate data entry; and compose various reports and correspondence as required. Must maintain strict confidentiality of privileged information and effectively utilize District resources. Reliable, stable attendance is also required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This at-will, detail oriented position performs a wide variety of administrative functions.
This position provides general administrative and customer service support including: scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments and events; generating clear and concise business correspondence; composing, editing, and proofreading correspondence, memos, reports, agendas, resolutions and policies; performing copying, faxing, filing, and other routine administrative tasks; assists with the preparation of Board packets and related materials; assists with customer inquiries and problem resolution; assists District personnel with meeting preparation, set-up and clean-up; maintains department files and records in accordance with approved records retention schedules; and provides back-up support for the District front desk.
Education equivalent to graduation from high school with three years progressive experience in an administrative position is required. Valid California drivers license and proof of insurability required.
Minimum of three years experience performing a variety of administrative support functions, including composing, editing and proofing correspondence; front desk support; ability to effectively utilize a personal computer and various computer applications; proven ability to organize and manage competing tasks and priorities.
OMWD has a competitive benefits package including:
· Medical Insurance (100% District paid for family)
· Dental Insurance (100% District paid for family)
· Vision Insurance (100% District paid for family)
· Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment Insurance (100% District paid)
· CalPERS Retirement Plan (2.5% at 55 or 2% at 60 formula per PEPRA)
· Long-term disability (50% District paid)
· Vacation: 1-5 years = 96 hours per year
· Holidays: 10 days + 3 floating holidays (24 hours) per year
· Sick Days: 96 hours per year
· Education Reimbursement of $2,000 per fiscal year
· Deferred Compensation (457 Plan) w/ partial District matching contributions
· 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
· 9/80 Work Schedule
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Employee Wellness Programs & On-site gym
· And a great work environment!
To apply, submit a District employment application on-line by
noon on February 11th
or submit an application to:
OMWD Attn: Human Resources 1966 Olivenhain Road Encinitas, CA 92024
Attach resume & cover letter.
BC Water Jobs - 2 years ago