Kern Community College District
Department Assistant III
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide a variety of complex and confidential clerical and secretarial services to college administrators, faculty and staff; to provide information to the faculty, staff, students and public; to provide complex staff assistance to departments.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
• Word processing methods, techniques and programs.
• Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Principles of budget administration.
• Basic arithmetic.
• Learn, interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the District.
• Learn class scheduling and academic requirements.
• Perform general secretarial and clerical work including maintenance of appropriate records and compiling information for reports.
• Work courteously with students and the general public on the telephone and in person.
• Train clerical and student staff.
• Participate in budget administration.
• Operate a variety of office machines including a computer and applicable software.
• Understand and follow oral and written direction.
• Perform simple mathematical calculations.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
VIEW COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school AND three years of responsible clerical experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Salary Grade: 38.0
Position Number: 00806
Posting Date: 07/22/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $2,797.46 per month
Maximum Salary: $3,413.48 per month
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Monday, August 5, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3678
- 22 months ago - save job