California Institute of Technology
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Institute for Quantum Information, IQI, is one of the four major activities within the Institute for Quantum Information and Matter (IQIM), an NSF Physics Frontiers Center also supported by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation. IQI is seeking a department assistant who will be responsible for coordinating its active visitor program, as well as providing administrative and clerical support to IQI faculty and the Manager of Outreach. This position reports to the IQIM Program Administrator.
- Oversee the comprehensive visitor program, including coordination of housing and office space; serve as a knowledgeable resource for questions and situations that may arise, provide information and guidance as needed.
- Coordinate the use of the rental apartment and various visitor services, including booking, scheduling cleaning, maintaining supplies, as well as ensuring that invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Oversee various special events, including seminars, conferences, weekly lunches, etc. This includes accommodation arrangements, coordination or purchasing and set up and cleanup of meals and/or refreshments.
- Process travel expense reports and reimbursements, purchase orders and P-Card transactions, invoice payments in a timely manner for visitors, IQI faculty, post docs and students.
- Update and maintain various IQIM web pages, including visitor data, and other information as requested.
- Assist Manager of Outreach in maintaining outreach materials, as well as with logistics and scheduling for field trips, meetings, workshops, and other outreach efforts.
- Assist faculty with preparation of budget information for proposals.
- Assist faculty with postdoctoral appointments and relocation reimbursements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with 3 years related experience.
- Proficient with personal computers, and familiarity with MS Office.
- Effective organizational skills and initiative to prioritize and complete assignments in a timely manner, according to deadlines imposed.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to learn and effectively use Dreamweaver for website management.
- Ability to work with others within the IQI and IQIM community, to respond to requests and resolve problems.
- Ability to take initiative; act independently in making decisions regarding the coordination and logistics of various events.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds on a daily basis, including office supplies, outreach materials such as hats, T-shirts, etc.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: jobs.caltech.edu
- Proficient with Dreamweaver for website management.
- Familiarity with Caltech's purchasing and reporting tools and software.
- Previous experience with mail services and support.
- Experience with data entry into database and quality control for accuracy.
- Experience providing support for conferences, meetings, special events, gatherings, etc.
- Experience purchasing various items such as office supplies, food, outreach materials, etc.
Caltech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency