EDUCATION: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
EXPERIENCE: One to two years related experience and / or training required. Basic computer skills required.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Answers telephone, takes and responds to questions, relays and delivers messages, updates the bulletin board and web page on meetings and support groups weekly for the hospital, for the department staff and the hospital schools of nursing and radiology.
2. Receives and distributes department mail and routes to the various staff.
3. Types minutes / agendas, reports, continuing education applications, program evaluations, program budgets, brochures, manuals, correspondence, etc. for director and other staff on computer word processing system.
4. Maintains office supplies as needed.
5. Reports equipment malfunctions to maintenance or coordinates with purchasing for vendor repair services.
6. Attends / participates in departmental meetings / inservices, Mary Lanning Healthcare quality improvement programs, etc.
7. Performs other duties as assigned
Employee Registering Patients
Primary Job Duties:
1. Has knowledge and understanding of the registration process with INVISION patient management system.
2. Will call insurance companies to obtain verification and pre certification when appropriate.
3. Collects accurate demographic information necessary to admit patients to the hospital and send their claim to a third party insurance carrier by the Patient Accounts Department of the hospital. Will maintain a registration accuracy goal through the performance management process that is in line with the overall goals for the patient registration process.
4. Must be able to work in all points of service registration areas throughout the hospital as needed.
5. Obtains patient signatures on all appropriate forms that are deemed necessary at the time of registration.
6. Assists with transfer of patient to area of service as necessary.
7. Properly identifies patient orders at the time of registration – creates embossed ID information and applies ID bracelet to appropriate individuals (i.e. parents of minors).
8. Promotes positive customer service at all times.
9. Accurately enters patient procedure orders through computer system to appropriate departments.
Mary Lanning Memorial Hospital - 14 months ago