**FIRST APPLICATION REVIEW: JUNE 14, 2013**
Performs research and analysis duties on the Banner administrative system. Trains staff and faculty in the use of Banner. This is a full-time, 12 month, benefit eligible position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Tests and corrects administrative system functions across the Finance, AR and Position Control functional modules. This includes researching and identifying problems, testing upgrades and patches, and documenting testing and related procedures. Modifies rule classes or changes control file values to correct production errors. Makes recommendations for end-user training and procedural changes to the Module Managers or the Systems Analyst when system-wide problems are detected.
· Serves as a resource for technical support, troubleshooting and other problem-solving assistance to staff, vendors and others. For staff, vendors, and others to provide technical support and problem-solving assistance.
· Coordinates the implementation of the Banner finance module including system upgrades, with other staff members to insure integration with other Banner modules. Contacts the action-line to resolve problems and issues on the administrative system.
· Creates and generates ad hoc or periodic reports using a variety of database management software such as Microsoft Access, Argos and Blackboard Analytics. Requires creating reports from databases with multiple, related tables/views. These reports contain multi-level breaks, and have imbedded, standard calculations (such as averages, statistical analysis, and some mathematical calculations). Approval queue, budget data base, are some examples. Coding is performed at this level.
· Analyzes and evaluates business processes and recommends process improvements, efficiencies, and best practices.
· Leads assigned projects, and resolves system issues in close collaboration with the business office team and IT technical staff.
· Provides training to the Finance module users (both departmental and end users) on Banner features. Acts as an on-call resource for any follow-up questions after training is completed.
· Notifies and makes recommendations for end-user training and procedural changes to the other module managers when system-wide problems are detected
· Maintains all documentation from solved problems, application changes, listservs, ad hoc reports, etc.
· Represents Finance functional team on various operational and procedural committees, such as the Banner Functional Analysts group.
· Posts business office related information on the College’s website and intranet.
Participates in business office policy and procedures development.
Works collaboratively to support and improve Banner functionality across the College
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of methods, practices and techniques of supporting integrated ERP systems such as Banner, Datatel, or PeopleSoft; information integrity and related security issues; and a variety of computer software applications.
· Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills, knowledge of database structures and ability to learn specific business office procedures
· Skill in troubleshooting, evaluating and determining causes of administrative system errors; in testing software; in prioritizing tasks; in interpreting technical data; and in oral, written, and interpersonal communication.
· Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in an often hectic environment; and to work accurately and quickly and maintain attention to detail.
· Demonstrated system and technical thinking. Ability to learn and apply new technical skills that support improved processes.
· Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
· Ability to meet recurring deadlines.
· Must be a team player, self-starter, motivated, able to work cross functionally and able to multi-task.
· Must possess strong initiative and positive attitude with a continuous improvement mindset.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field, and three years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job and/or as approved by the Human Resources department
Coconino Community College - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard