To provide superior quality, competitive value and outstanding service by providing exceptional administrative support to the assigned department and appropriately coordinating projects necessary to support the department.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and follow Health First’s confidentiality guidelines.
- Pre-registers, pre-certifies and schedules patients accurately and in a timely manner, with no incomplete information.
- Processes and maintains all schedules for area of responsibility. Accurately communicates schedule and changes to other departments and external physician offices daily in a professional manner.
- Accurately assembles patient charts with correct patient name, orders and various other records.
- Assists with area clerical duties such as typing, photocopying, filing, some data entry, prepares outgoing correspondence.
- Maintains Policy and Procedure and Safety manuals.
- Maintains area calendar of events, reserves and prepares meeting rooms and provides support for designated special events as required by the department.
- Provides general reception duties, answering the telephone in the appropriate manner and accurately directing calls.
- Orders and maintains adequate amount of office and medical supplies.
- High School Graduate or GED with at least two years of clerical experience OR a two-year associate degree and one year of experience in a clerical/healthcare setting OR one-two years as a certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
- Typing of 40+ words per minute
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Ability to read and write English at a high school level
Health First - 10 months ago