Provide administrative support for the Associate Communications and Talent Management teams. Responsibilities include: phone coverage, travel arrangements, meeting scheduling and support, budget tracking, expense reports, event coordination, distribution list maintenance, coordinate announcements for executive appointments or changes, web content management and other administrative duties. This position interacts with company executives, managers and associates at all levels and in all locations of the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate the Talent Management process to prepare, review and distribute announcements for executive appointments/changes for the corporate office, including development of a website to share information with all associates.
- Update and maintain select BarneyWeb pages and other team and associate-facing websites.
- Manage Associate Communications shared mailbox account and oversee team communications to division Associate Communications contacts.
- Update and maintain multiple contact and distributions list for Associate Communications channels.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Assist with coordinating department managers’ schedules and updating and maintaining their calendars.
- Prepare department budgets.
- Process invoices and expense statements and track expenditures against department budgets.
- Book travel. Coordinate meetings. Manage calendars.
- Provide telephone/e-mail coverage and assist with publication production and distribution.
- Provide project support including proofreading, managing distribution lists, managing photo files and more.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Support the HR Talent Management team as needed.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 3 years of administrative support experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Familiar with web content management systems or ability to learn
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills: verbal, written and listening
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Strong attention to detail. Excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize a variety of tasks and adapt efficiently to changing priorities
- Ability to handle routine tasks and resolve issues with a high level of independence and initiative
- Proven team player
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Administrative support experience in a communications department or agency
- Advanced PC skills
- 1-3 years web content management and social media experience
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Executive Secretary
- Senior Executive Secretary
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.