Arapahoe House is currently seeking a Departmental Assistant to join our Human Resources and Finance Service teams.
This full-time position works 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday and provides administrative support to the agency's Human Resources Director, Chief Financial Officer and department staff by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources and Finance departments.
- Handles all OSHA reporting and workers' compensation claims related activity including filing claims, monitoring claims and required reporting.
- Conducts ergonomic work station evaluations; provides ergonomics training and other worker’s compensation related training.
- Assists with budget preparation, monthly budget tracking and annual insurance policy renewal program.
- Maintains agency’s certificates of insurance, OSHA recordkeeping, including the OSHA 300 Log.
- Responsible for tracking and routing of documentation related to risk management and other incidents.
- Responsible for all associated risk management, finance and human resources related filings.
- Assists with recruiting and applicant tracking processes utilizing Taleo Business Edition.
- Assists with facilitation of new employee orientation and new hire processes.
- Heavy filing responsibilities including the upkeep of all confidential employee personnel files and files of the CFO, to include the end-of-year archiving of files.
- Maintains training database utilizing Elevate “Essential Learning”.
- Coordinates training registrations and composes communication with staff, supervisors and trainers
- Updates and maintains calendar of training classes.
- Organizes and maintains employee TB screening program to include scheduling screenings and recording test results.
- Reads and routes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail; composes and types correspondence that may involve confidential information.
- Takes and transcribes minutes for agency committees, departmental and board meetings.
- Provides backup receptionist duties for the agency.
- Serves as departmental Notary Public.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Understands worker's compensation claims administration processes and procedures.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes a heavy workload, adjusting to changing priorities.
- Works independently as well as in a team setting.
- Exercises initiative, discretion, and good judgment in handling complex, sensitive, and/or confidential information.
- Solves problems and produces quality results under time constraints and deadlines.
- Takes initiative and accountability for the accuracy of information and for achieving results.
- Integrates work across relevant areas, develops services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, and provides exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates effective resource planning, project planning, and team building while staying up to date with relevant technology and innovation.
- Communicates effectively with, and presents information to, internal and external customers.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adheres to agency and departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to Arapahoe House Code of Ethics as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Must have valid Colorado driver’s license and maintain good driving record.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Dependability: Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Coursework in human resources, accounting or finance a plus.
- Experience working with executive management is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of worker's compensation claims administration processes and procedures.
- Advanced ability to compose correspondence and handle confidential information.
- Customer service and time management skills.
- Ability to take and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monthly budget tracking is preferred.
- Presentation and training skills are preferred.
- Current Notary Public commission or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with Paychex HRIS/Payroll is a plus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- Arapahoe House is a tobacco-free environment.
Arapahoe House strongly supports internal growth and promotion opportunities.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Arapahoe House is an equal opportunity employer.
Arapahoe House - 2 years ago