About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
TSTC Waco is seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to work as a Secretary in the Diesel Department. If you are detail orientated, and have excellent customer service skills then you are urged to apply.
Position Overview :
The Departmental Secretary performs duties which require the application of complex secretarial skills and exercises some discriminatory judgment in maintaining the operation of the office. Work is performed under general supervision of department chair with latitude for use of college policies and procedures.
- Types routine correspondence, reports, forms and other materials, as required using standard and electronic or computer-based equipment.
- Prepares special reports requiring acceptable grammatical usage and application of basic computation skills; reorganizing initial reports when necessary and distributing material along organizational lines.
- Performs receptionist duties which include answering the telephone, placing local and long distance calls, taking and transmitting messages, routing mail and answering questions related to the department.
- Maintains files of specified materials including employee attendance records.
- Prepares material for distribution which includes reproducing and collating.
- Prepares travel requests, travel vouchers, and makes travel arrangements, which include transportation and accommodations.
- Maintains inventory of forms and office supplies as needed.
- Takes and transcribes dictation.
- Maintain calendar of scheduled appointments, and assist in planning meetings.
- Evaluates work methods and makes suggestions to improve procedures and efficiency.
- Manage student records.
- Purchasing requisitions
Minimum Qualifications :
- Type a minimum of 60 wpm.
- Two years of secretarial work comparable to the execution of duties and responsibilities in office practices and administrative procedures.